I came across this picture on Facebook today and I thought it was perfect!!!!
Until God opens the next door for you, praise Him in the hallway. ~Unknown
How else do you sum up that in between time when one door has closed and you are waiting for the next to open, or you are simply waiting for the next door to open while you are in the middle of something else? The hallway! I love it.
When you are in the “hallway,” know that you are not alone and that the “hallway” phase will not last forever. God is still blessing you and preparing you for the next door to open. You just have to get ready.
Here are 5 keys for making it through the “hallway.”:
1. Gratitude – Remember what you are grateful for. Even when things aren’t going your way, there is so much to be grateful for. Reminding yourself of the good things in your life will help you maintain a positive attitude and outlook while you wait. Everyday you are here is a gift.
2. Greatness – Know that the “hallway” is preparing you for greatness. It is when we are going through the tougher times in life that we really learn how much we can handle and what we can do. While you are in the “hallway” you may be building the character and gaining the skills you need to be successful once the door opens.
3. Contentment – Know that your day is coming. “…be content with what you have, because God has said “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” - Hebrews 13:5. Enough said. He is going to open the right door for you. Have patience and know that He has not left you in the “hallway” alone.
4. Joy – Enjoy the in=between time. Your time in the “hallway” may be the most peaceful time you have. When the next door opens is when all the work begins. Take advantage of this time to rest and renew your mind, body, and spirit. Find your joy and build yourself up before the next step.
5. Preparation – When that door opens, you want to be prepared to walk through it. It has been said that success is where opportunity meets preparation. While you are in the “hallway” prepare yourself for the door to open. Network with new people, educate yourself, read, prepare your mind, practice how you plan to play. Once He opens the door, it’s game time!
The “hallway” can be as a great a time as any in your life. Praise Him in the “hallway.”
You can be, do, and have anything you dream.